Memorial Service: Friday, May 13, 2016, 4:30 pm Sharing Memories - 5:00 pm Prayer Service - Northwood Fellowship - 12522 Main Street, Rogers, MN.
Celebration of Life: Saturday, May 14 2016, 4:30 with prayer and sharing at 5:00 lunch to follow - Coon Rapids Legion 11640 Crooked Lake Blvd., Coon Rapids, MN
Duane E. Kropuenske age 73 of Otsego passed away on April 18, 2016 while in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. He was a loving husband, caring father and devoted grandfather.
Duane is survived by his loving wife Linda, his loving mother Thelma Kropuenske; daughter Julie and Jeff Knollenberg, son Jay and Laurie Beyer-Kropuenske, stepdaughter Nicole Tilc and stepsons Korry Thompson, Kalvin Thompson and Kirk and Angela Thompson.
Grandchildren Sam and Claire Beyer-Kropuenske, Zachary, Benjamin and Emily Knollenberg Step grandchildren Christopher and Veronica Tilc and Allison Malmin, Miranda Marshall, Erika Thompson, Devin Thompson, Kevin and Quentin Thompson.
Also survived by, brother in-laws Larry (Jane) Fullerton, Robert Fullerton, Ronald (Marilyn) Fullerton; sisters in-laws Geraldine (Herb) Gewerth, Joan (Bob) Norton, Kathleen (Ray) Burczyk, Bonnie Felvy, Sheila Shafer, sister-in-law Sharon Hanna, and numerous nieces and nephews.
His father Earl Kropuenske, wife Patsy Kropuenske and brother Wayne Kropuenske preceded Duane in death.
During his forty plus year career in the banking industry he spent twenty-five years in the Elk River area. Duane was co-founder of Riverview Community Bank and American Eagle Financial, Inc.
His civic involvement also included the Elk River City Council, the Elk River Economic Development Authority, and the Elk River Planning Commission. He was active in the many local organizations including the Chamber of Commerce, Guardian Angles, Land O Lakes Choir Boys, MN Bankers Association, and American Legion. He was a charter founder of Suburban Northwest Builders Association.
Duane E. Kropuenske
• Born January 7, 1943 - Earl and Thelma (Leslie) Kropuenske in Vermillion, SD
• Grew up in rural South Dakota on his parents farms before moving in Luverne, MN - 1957
• 1961 - Graduated from Luverne High School - Luverne, MN
• 1961 - Entered Augustana College, Sioux Falls, SD
• 1963-66 US Army Military Police Sgt. E-5
• Married Mary Ann Oeding July 25, 1965
• Daughter Julie born 4-8-1968 – Sioux Falls, SD
• 1968 - Graduated Augustana College, Sioux Falls, SD
• Moved to Robbinsdale, MN - 1968
• 1968 - First Robbinsdale State Bank Robbinsdale, MN – Assistant Cashier
• Son Jay born 4-16-1970 – Robbinsdale, MN
• Moved back to Sioux Falls, SD – 1971 for a short time
• Moved to Albert Lea, MN – 1971
• 1971-1973 – Freeborn National Bank Albert Lea, MN – Assistant Cashier
• Moved to Waseca, MN - 1973
• 1973-1974 – The Round Bank Waseca, MN – Assistant Vice President
• 1974-1977 Frist National Bank of Waseca, Waseca, MN – Assistant VP
• 1977-82 Waseca Savings and Loan Association, Waseca, MN – President and CEO
• Divorced from Mary Ann 4-10-1979
• Married Pasty (Fullerton) Lundberg May 1, 1979
• Moved to Burnsville, MN - 1982
• 1982-1984 MN Federal Savings and Loan Association, St. Paul, MN – Corporate VP
• Moved to Elk River, MN - 1984
• 1984-1999 First National Bank of Elk River, Elk River, MN – Executive VP and COO
• 1988 – Graduate School of Banking – University of Wisconsin, Madison
• 1999-2002 AMCP Mortgage and Financial, Inc. Rogers, MN – Chairman and CEO
• 2002-2008 Riverview Community Bank, Otsego MN – President, CEO and Director
• 2002-2008 American Eagle Financial, Inc. Otsego, MN – President and Chairman
• 2011-2014 Trustone Financial Credit Union/Mortgage Lending Services, Inc. – Golden Valley, MN – Operations and Servicing Manager
• Wife Patsy Kropuenske passed away November 1, 2013
• Married Linda Thompson August 3, 2014
• Assisted in managing Coon Rapids American Legion Post 334
• Died April 18, 2016 in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico – Complications from heart surgery